DESC: Knowing the reply for what causes headache would definitely help to know remedies for headache.
There may be numerous causes for a headache, each of which has a different set of mechanism, but the resulting headache in all cases is a red flag signaling a disorder somewhere in the body or in the nervous system.
Classifications of Headache
- Primary headache: Primary ache includes tension, migraine, and cluster headaches.
- Secondary headache: Secondary headaches are basic structural problem in the head or neck. There are several causes of headache, which even leads to bleeding in brain, tumor, or meningitis and encephalitis.
- Cranial neuralgias, facial pain, and other headaches: Neuralgia refers to the pain in nerve. Cranial neuralgia refers to a group of headaches that arise because of inflamed nerves in the head and upper neck that sources the head pain.
Causes of Headache
Headaches are supposed to be caused by variations in nerves, chemicals or blood vessels in the area. These variations give the message of pain to the brain and brings headache.
Commonly, children get the same kind of headaches as adults. Headaches often are hereditary; so if the parent is facing headache then there are chances that children also face the same
Some of general causes of headache:
- Less sleep or sudden variation in sleeping schedule
- Skipping meals
- Being stressed
- Minor head injury
- Watching TV or computer screen for long time
- Vision problems
- Hormone level changes
- Long travel without break
- Strong odors such as perfume, smoke, fumes, or a new car or carpet
- Addiction to caffeine
Certain infections can also cause headache- viral infections like flu or common cold, strep throat, ear infections, sinus infections, and Lyme disease.