Loestrin 24 Fe is a birth control tablet administered orally to serve as contraceptive; it is made by Warner Chilcott Company. It has lesser levels of hormones than conventional birth control tablets.
You can get Loestrin 24 tablets by prescription. A set of Loestrin 24 contains 28 tablets of the drug. It essentially works to avoid pregnancy by stopping ovulation.
Loestrin 24 Fe will abbreviate your period and the blood flow is also made lighter (less bleeding) than in normal periods.
How Loestrin 24 Fe Works to Stop Pregnancy?
The drug merges 2 different hormone types- it is made up of progestin (norethindrone) and estrogen (ethinyl estradiol). To act as contraceptive, the drug prevents ovulation in the consumer, which means the releasing eggs are stopped while you are on the drug.
Another important way Loestrin 24 Fe employs to prevent pregnancy is that it modifies cervical mucus in cervix that makes it hard for sperm to enter uterus. It also changes endometrium, making it difficult for embryo to develop in uterus.
A usual birth control tablet will have 21 pills being active (with hormones) and 7 pills without hormones. The Loestrin 24 Fe name is obtained from the composition of pills. There are 24 active pills and 4 inactive pills; the 4 inactive pills are composed of iron with chemical symbol Fe, thus the name Loestrin 24 Fe.
Best Practices for Using Loestrin 24 Fe Tablets:
Here are some practices to be followed while on prescription of these tablets:
- You should consume one tablet daily.
- It can be consumed with or without food, but if you have any kind of stomach problems, then you should take it with food.
- As soon as the pack of 28 pills is completed, you should start a new one immediately.
- For best results, consume the tablet at the same time daily; don’t skip the tablet as this may increase the risk of getting pregnant.
- Make sure you follow prescription for the medicine to work efficiently.
Loestrin 24 Fe is at present available only as a prescription drug; there are no authorized agencies of the drug, so be cautious!